AMAL deflagration / detonation flame arresters
A complete range of in-line and end-of-line deflagration and detonation flame arresters for reliable protection against flames in hazardous environments.
AMAL specialises in the design, specification and manufacture of deflagration and detonation flame arresters. These flame arresters are passive explosion protection devices with no moving parts, designed to offer reliable protection in areas where flammable gas is being transported, or a flammable liquid is being stored.
Certified to EN12874 and with USCG approval, AMAL’s highly robust crimped metal design of triangular cells is proven to be the most effective method of quenching flames. All AMAL flame arresters can be tested at AMAL’s unique test facility based on specific customer requirements. Compared to most other products available, AMAL flame arresters are not only suitable for service on gas groups IIA, IIB's, and IIC, but also for application on hydrogen & acetylene service.
The AMAL portfolio of flame arresters includes:
Valve Size Connection Pressure Temperature
- In line flame arresters (gas and vapours):
- Detonation flame arrester (unstable): for protection against flames with supersonic speeds in unstable detonations with high explosion pressures, including shock waves.
- Deflagration flame arrester: for protection against flames with subsonic speeds and low explosion pressures. Available for both end-of-line and in-line applications.
- In line flame arresters (liquid):
- Detonation flame arrester: for use in filling and emptying lines on storage tanks.
- Combination flame arresters / relief valves:
- A comprehensive range of pressure / vacuum relief valves to work in combination with AMAL flame arresters for added tank protection.
- End of line flame arresters:
- Deflagration flame arrester: effective protection against flames with subsonic speeds for installation on storage tanks where long filling and thermal breathing is required and the flow of the flammable mixture cannot be stopped. AMAL also offers endurance burning-proof end-of-line flame arresters.
To find out how to protect your equipment from fire, contact us today.